Friday, November 14, 2008

Homemade Sorting Toy

This is a simple activity for your 1 1/2 or 2 year-old. Mine has been loving little pieces lately; she has been sorting beads and buttons and the like. She kept bringing me a little bag of beads from my craft drawer so I thought we would put them to good use. We used an empty egg carton and turned it into a sorter. It costs next to nothing, keeps them occupied for a few hours, and if they tire of it after a few weeks, you don't feel bad tossing it in the recycling pile.


For this toy, you will need an empty egg carton, different colored felt, scissors, glue, and something to sort like beads or buttons.


Simply cut small squares of felt and glue them in the bottom of the egg cups.


Pour the beads in the lid, and ask your child to put them in the right spot.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Too funny. I remember making the exact same thing for you kids. In fact, if I looked hard enough, I bet I still have it.
You are a darling mom.
Love,
Mom